I think this is the third time we have had a "summer challenge" to bring to our first guild meeting in September. Lori (one of my very favorite quilters) came up with a doozey for us to work on this summer--Fractured Fotos. Each participant sent her a drawing or blown up photo approximately 20 x 20 which she cut up into 6 or 8 pieces. These were divied up and she mailed 6 to 8 (I think we all got 8) pieces to each one doing the challenge. Sounds innocent enough, right? She did put tiny clues on the backs of the pieces some of which were hard to tell what they were. Wow - what a challenge!!!!!!!!!! I know I have used a few of my choicest expletives in working on this. For sure, I will be posting them at a later date. I have 7 of mine done ready to be stitched and the last one is all figured out. A group got together one Sunday afternoon and compared pieces - it was very interesting how individuals approached the task at hand. At Tuesday night's meeting, the pieces of the puzzles will be put together and each one will take their puzzle home to assemble and finish. Can hardly wait to see the finished products.
Today I will get my part all finished, by golly. I will put in scans of two of the puzzle parts I have together but not stitched yet. The reason they look jagged around the edges is because you have to leave plenty of room for seam allowances and I figured the owner can just trim the excess off with a rotary cutter. The second piece should be really neat - the instructions for that were to change color every time there was a line. That one belongs to Dana and what a clever idea. (Click pictures to enlarge)