Friday, December 19, 2008

What I Did on a Snowy Day

This is a fresh picture of what is outside my door this evening. Don't know how much snow we got, but it was a lot and the wind blew and arranged and rearranged it many times. In the upper right is the little tree with the berries. Did I tell you the deer ate lots of the low hanging ones the other night? So I spent much of the afternoon embellishing this little hanging. Takes awhile to sew on beads and sequins, doesn't it. I love the look and should do more of it. This will go to Kansas City with me. That is coming up quickly!!
Here's a closer view. I like this little piece. (Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love it! The beads and sequins really finish it off.

Looks like you will have a white Christmas. Me too! We have been shoveling several times a day for two days now. It just keeps coming.

Merry Christmas!!!

Angi Baker Creations said...

that is darling! You have such talent and drive. I am impressed!

Kim said...

This is just the cutest quilt! Visiting quilting blogs and being very inspired this month :-)

While y'all are enjoying a white Christmas, we're sweltering in the high 90s. We did spent 5 years in Florida (about 20 years ago) so I'm not altogether new to the Christmas in summer feeling, but it sure doesn't seem like Christmas.

Hope everyone makes it "home" for the holidays!

spellboundhouse said...

Happy New Year Carol!
Good to know you have arrived back home safely. I do enjoy reading your blog and looking at all your lovely quilts and your family pictures! Hope to see you at the guild sewing day that will soon be here.
barbara