Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Together and the Borders are Added

Here's the gridgame round robin all together and bordered ready to be sandwiched for quilting. This really is super - the girls who worked on it did a wonderful job. Just noticed that the little gingerbread men grow in the row they are in. Cute.


Also working from time to time on embroidering some blocks for a wallhanging made with the beautiful toile fabric (not sure about the spelling!!) I bought before Christmas. Plan to do at least 6 blocks and maybe 8. Takes a while so will keep them out and embroider in the evenings. I have enough of that fabric to maybe make a Christmasy applique wallhanging all in red like the Red Delicious blocks. That would be very pretty. (Click to enlarge)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Carol, I love your grid game project. Yours really did turn out neat. I was thinking the other day, that I have to put a note in the newsletter for the quilt show to have the summer challenge projects brought in for entries. Remember the fractured fotos. They have been turning out really cool and need to be in the show. Don't you think? Do you have enough snacks in the drawer for the winter storm we are suppose to be getting, i don't want you to be getting hungry, don't you know. lol Leslie

QuiltinCanuck said...

Carol - this turned out really great (considering the grief I went through to get my block done for you, I am "amazed" ;->) Everyone really stuck to the theme and colors. Unfortunately I just don't think I will get mine done in time, there are a lot of other projects ahead of it... Stay warm, we are going to get a ton of snow today! J