Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two Little Baskets

Here is the Tisket a Tasket January block all done. Cute little blocks.
I know this is in the preceding post, but I have it all done with the birdies' eyes, beaks and the heartstrings so I am putting it in again. Have also worked on my round robin piece today and my playing card. A cloudy day with some snow (although don't think we're going to get all the bad stuff they were talking about) and a good day to sew. But then, what isn't a good day to sew?
I put some oven stew in to bake and it is smelling mighty good - easy to do, my kind of cooking anymore. Something like that is good for about three meals which pleases me no end. Then later on I will watch American Idol - got hooked on that last year. At my age, I am contented with simple things and one of the best things in life is to feel good.
I do have some exciting things to look forward to - one is a trip to Portland, Oregon, for a family gathering to celebrate my son-in-law's 60th birthday the first part of April. Have I mentioned that? The whole family will be there and that will be fun. Then I have been asked to go to with three of the girls to the big quilt show in Chicago in the middle of April - that also will be a lot of fun. I have been to Paducah several times but never to another major show. I am really excited about that!

2 comments:

Karen said...

The first place ribbon goes to Carol for best January basket! It looks so good in blue. Lucky you, going to Paducah in April. That will be lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Carol, I just love your color choices. I cant wait to see the other 10 months. Leslie