Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

On this Mother's Day, I am posting a picture of two women I loved very much. My mother, Nan, and my grandmother, Maggie. This was taken sometime around 1915-1920. They were at the cottage they had by the Illinois river. A favorite picture, I am especially taken at how pretty my grandma was. I only knew her as old. Don't you love their "dustcaps" - I am sure that is what they were called as I remember grandma wearing them when I was little.And here I am in 1954 with my two little kids. Sherry was three and Bill about six months old. Sherry, of course, is the mother of three more women that I love very much! Happy Mother's Day from the Funoldhag!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Those 2 ladies look like they are having so much fun...what a great picture to have.
Thanks for visiting and leaving a sweet comment on my blog. Your email is "no reply" so I'm replying here.

Janet said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! Coming from a family of women, I really appreciate the photos you share.

Leslie said...

Hi Carol, I just got home from up north at the cabin. What a nice weekend with the family. We had lots of fun and i was treated very special. I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day also.

Elizabeth said...

Dear quiltfriend,
I got your mailadres from www.quiltinggalery.com, and I have a question to you. My sister is, after an exiting period, finaly pregnant of her first baby.
Now I would like to make a bright-colored quilt for her. To welcome the baby to this world
with a quilt from patches from all over the world. I try to collect scraps of 12x12 cm (5x5 inch). Do you have a piece of fabric that may be suitable, perhaps you would sent it to me.
I would really like to use it!
Many thanks and warm greetings,
Elizabeth Kremer
Wedderweg 91
9665 JM Oude Pekela
Netherlands
http://beautysalonambiance.blogspot.com/