Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's Sooooooooo Pretty!

I am on Hancock's of Paducah's e-mail list and it gets me in trouble sometimes. There are always some things on sale and, of course, a lot that is not. Recently, I have really been taken by the "romantic" fabric that I see on some of the blogs. The Polka Dot Girls book that I bought has a setting for a quilt that uses the lovely, flowery, pastels.
So, listed in the sale items were precut fabrics - jelly rolls, charm packs, fat quarters and layer cakes. There is one more now - something like "muffins" which I think is fat eighths. Two of the Moda layer cakes were on sale half price. Since they are $35.00 or more that is a good deal. So I ordered Kashmir and Sweet, two lines by Moda. For anyone who reads my blog and doesn't quilt, a "layer cake" is a package of 10" pieces of fabrics, usually about 40, so there is a lot that can be done with them. Then, I saw Aviary - gorgeous! Not on sale, but I went for it anyway. Fedex brought them yesterday.
Isn't it a good feeling to get new fabric - like we need it or something? (Click to enlarge)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

OHHH, those are soooo pretty, Carol. I just love the shabby chic looking fabrics and so does my daughter Elle. Hurry and get something finished with them, would you!!!! lol

Karen said...

Very yummy!

Janet said...

Looks like "have to have" fabrics. The top prints are very appealing, love to see what's underneath.