Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Really Cool, Damp Weather

Thought I would have my flowers in by now, but so far they are just sitting on the patio patiently waiting to be put in their summer homes. I went out yesterday afternoon and got some more filler plants but didn't get anything planted. This morning we had quite a bit of rain and it has been damp and cool - kind of dank! House really feels a little chilly so I may just fire up my gas logs in a little bit.

So, instead of pictures of my newly planted containers, how about some kaleidoscopes made with pictures of some of the blocks from my floral quilt - which now has the borders on and will be ready for a quilt sandwich when I find some backing. Thought I would have enough of the background but it falls short.
Then below is a kaleidoscope of the pretty verbena I bought Monday. That is such a fun bit of software.I love the soft shades of pink - just beautiful. Will try to get planting done tomorrow.
(Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

So you must have decided to not add applique to the boarders. I can't wait to see it, please take a picture for all of us to see. I just got home from a Q2 program committee meeting, and all went well for the planning of next year. Good news, huh, lol.

Karen said...

That is pretty!

Janet said...

These are amazing. These are all large prints and then fussy cut?

Norah said...

We had that weather yesterday -- I used the oven for the first time in awhile! Hoping sunshine comes your way soon! xoxo