Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Red Delicious BOM for May

This month's block is actually three smaller blocks, two of which are shown here. They are filler blocks and are really adding a great touch to the rest of the piece. I have put my blocks up on the wall in the basement in the approximate place each one will be and have taken a picture so that you can see how it's progressing. There will be four more to be added. This is a pretty piece and I love all the red! That's always been about my favorite color.
The picture is dark and I apologize for that. There will be a lot more of the dark red sashing between all the blocks which will really spice things up. The bottom middle block will have red buttons from each point - I decided on buttons instead of circles - and the ribbons on the fan have to have a tassel of some description. That will probably be embroidered. As to the size, it is supposed to be about 50 x 50. Can't wait to see what the last four are. (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Janet said...

I can hardly wait either. This is so cool. I love all the different blocks and sizes. Your applique is superb.

Leslie said...

Hey Carol, I think that if the opening picture that you posted were in color that quilt on the bed would be a red and white one, turkey red that is. What color do you think it was. That isn't you grandma is it.

Karen said...

That is going to be one beautiful quilt. You have done an excellent job.

Lori Holt said...

Oh I really like that red and white. That is going to be a beautiful quilt, I can't wait to see!

andy said...

You better keep it locked up....I love it!!!!