Friday, June 19, 2009

Fashion Friday

When I looked at this picture, I realized that this one was taken the same day in Glen Oak Park as a previous one I posted of my mom, Nan, and her friend in the plaid skirt in the conservatory admiring the flowers. In this picture, Nan has her hat on and it is such a pretty one. Joining them are Nelle, Nan's sister, who is seated on the bench on the right. She is also a very stylish woman with a confident air about her. Her outfit appears to be a suit and her hat is stunning, along with her light shoes. The fourth lady on the far left is unknown but is wearing a plain but pretty skirt and blouse. I hope they all had a lovely day in the park.

Standing in front of Ben Franklin Print Shop in Peoria is Nan and a friend both dressed in a timely fashion. It is hard to see the friend's outfit except it is obvious that she is wearing a lovely hat and is clad in a stylish manner. Nan's hat is very pretty and her fur stole is showing an appearance again worn over a plaid dress that is probably made of cotton fabric. Note her shorter skirt, high button shoes and her lovely purse that appears to be beaded with a metal chain.
(Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

blushing rose said...

Beautiful vintage photos, ty for sharing. TTFN ~Marydon

Leslie said...

I am back and just in time to view fashion friday. How lucky am I. The ladies are looking fashionable as always. Barbara said the sit and sew on Tuesday was a lot of fun for all. See you soon.

Karen said...

I just love the old photos.

Norah said...

I love your narratives of Fashion Fridays. It reminds me of the Great Muppet Caper when Miss Piggy gets caught up in the runway show. You sound like Lady Holiday describing the outfits in my head. :)

xxxxxxx0000000xxxxxxxx