Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My First Artist Trading Card

I was browsing through some of the files on my computer and I found this picture. Several years ago there was a group of quilters that met at the local quilt shop for a time to experiment with different techniques and less traditional work. I enjoyed that a lot - we made some art journals and dabbled in some of the things that are so prevalent at this time such as using paints, embellishments, etc. This was an ATC I made using a scan of a picture of me when I was about 6 years old. I used some old taffeta and tatting and did a little ribbon embroidery. I kind of like this little thing! (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

blushing rose said...

This is wonderful, TY for the idea. TTFN ~Marydon

barbara jean said...

I love the tatting and ribbon embroidery! Carol, you have the neatest treasures.

Janet said...

What a great idea. I also went to "An Art Journal Quilt". So none of these were actually sewn but just scanned and printed?

Jewels said...

See you were good at them from the get go! Hope you have with the rest of your collection. J

Karen said...

Sweet!