Friday, July 3, 2009

Red Delicious

Here is another block for Red Delicious - at least it's ready to be made into a block. The two pieces will be separated by a narrow band maybe in the same fabric as the strips in the top part. This one was not as easy as some of them. I love the mushrooms and ladybug, pepper and apple - but I can't figure out what that swirly thing is. I did it the way the designer directed. I haven't sewn the parts together yet because I want to have all the blocks done then trim them out as I complete the top. It's going to be pretty and I am really pleased with the reds.
(Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

blushing rose said...

Very anxious to see the finished item now. Love the reds ... Happy 4th ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Karen said...

This block scares me! But yours looks wonderful. I have yet to finish the prep work on the fourth block. They all scare me, a little.

Janet said...

I look forward to seeing each block in your series of red delicious. How many more?

Randolph said...

Your choice of fabrics make these blocks! Looking forward to seeing it "in person" : )

Funoldhag said...

One of my blogging buddies suggested that the swirly object in the last block was a flower. That sounds very reasonable and that's is what it officially will be in my mind.