Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Polka Dot Girls are Back Again

I'm liking the fabrics in this! They are so very lush and pretty - shabby chic? I am using the layer cake from Moda called Aviary plus a few other pieces that I like with it. This first section still has another row to go. It's going to take quite a while to get all the blocks embroidered - although my friend Barbara has finished embroidering hers. They are gorgeous. Will do another post when I finish the third part of this section, but I was anxious to get this up. (Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

blushing rose said...

This is going to be gorgeous ... now I am anxious to see it together. TTFN ~Marydon

Leslie said...

Well or well, Carol, that is just stunning. I love the 2 color thread choice that you went with. It is very pleasing to the eye. This is a great way to do a embrodery project, just piece alittle then stitch alittle. That a girl.

barbara jean said...

Amazing what you are doing with The Girls! The fabrics really set off the embroidered blocks. I like the pink stitching and just might have to do them again using one color...or two. Looking forward to seeing it completed. I know you will finish before I do : )

Karen said...

The fabric and stitchery look perfect together!