Friday, September 25, 2009

Fashion Friday

The first lady has been in several of the pictures that I have posted. How wonderful she looks in her shirred and gathered skirt that seems to be made of a chintzlike fabric. A pretty white blouse and short jacket complete her outfit which is topped off by what appears to be a straw hat. From the writing on the top of the picture that is partially visible, I think her name is Elizabeth. The next girl photographed is dressed very similarly but not quite as ornately. She does not have a jacket and her skirt is much plainer, but she is nonetheless very stylish and looking very sweet. Nelle, with her certain air of sophistication, is wearing a really pretty hat with a feather plume, and a lovely light colored coat with a lapel and self belt. Her skirt has horizontal pleats. All three girls look lovely and ready for their outing. Wish I knew where they were going! And I hope they had a lot of fun! (Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Well, I believe they are headed out on a warm October afternoon to a soda shop and then later to a picture show perhaps. I do hope that they had a lovely afternoon together. lol

barbara jean said...

Love the hats! Just read the comment from Bronwyn on your Polka Dot Girls block! To have the artist comment so favorably on your choice of fabrics, threads, etc had to make your day : )

blushing rose said...

I love old photos ... it does make for great imaginations as to what, when, why they might be up to. TY for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend. TTFN~ Marydon

blushing rose said...

You'd have to go back for the past few weeks & read the other WV posts I've done ... Rebecca does not get into outhouses so I tease her with pics of them ... she's a character ... A Gathering of Thoughts. Love her to pieces. Then I did a post last week or the week before about my family & their outhouse ... & yesterday I wrote her a cute note in her post about her bathroom renovation. You'll enjoy some fun reading ... TTFN ~Marydon