Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tisket A Tasket Sashing in the Works


I decided some time ago to do a multi-colored sashing for Tisket a Tasket Block of the Month. There are now nine blocks done and three to go. If I figured correctly, there will be 28 2 x 8" sashings plus cornerstones. I like these little squares on point and could have pieced them or paper pieced them, but I decided to take the easy way and just buttonhole applique them, also. Using fabric in the blocks, of course, and think it will look pretty. I do believe the border will be very plain but will make that decision when I get there. Just spent a couple of hours cutting the little pieces and ironing them on the white. When I start appliquing, I will pick a color, do all I can in that color, then switch to the next. There are already a few done as you can see in the second picture. (Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

Pokey said...

I like your colors. I am warming up to the fresh prints sandwiched with white, it sure makes the pretty squares pop! pokey

Leslie said...

Wow, this is going to be so pretty, Carol. You know me I would do the applique also. We leave tomorrow for Vermont, probably won't make it to the Q2 meeting but we will see when we arrive home, we are thinking Monday evening or Tuesday depending on how Leifs brother is feeling.

Anonymous said...

You do a really good job with the buttonhole stitch. Would you mind telling us what foot
and thread and settings you use? Thanks

Karen said...

I love that sashing!!!