Friday, January 29, 2010

Fashion Friday

Here is a very sweet young lady, our daughter Sherry, modeling a squaw dress I made for her when she was probably 10 years old. It was a pretty blue and had a lot of silver, white and pink rick rack sewn on the tiers - there might even have been some lace. Her outfit is completed with a pretty metal belt. Over the many years Ray and I square danced, I sewed miles and miles of trim and pulled many miles of thread to gather the fabric for the skirts. I also made some shirts for Ray - but not very many. A man's shirt takes a lot of time and putting on the collar is really not a lot of fun. This is such a cute picture of Sher. (Click to enlarge)

6 comments:

joanne lendaro said...

That is an adorable picture! Having sewn clothing in the past I can completely appreciate all of the work that went into that little outfit. The twirl factor on that had to be extremely high! Thanks for sharing, love these!

Leslie said...

What a cute dress and she looks like she likes it. Janet my neighbor makes dresses for her granddaughter and her American Girl doll to match. She is always so proud of them when she gets them she runs across the street to show me what Grandma made her and her dolly. They both got matching flannel sleeping gowns for Christmas in purple and cream and Janet said they stayed in them for an entire day.

Leslie said...

Carol, we are off to Nancy's place up north tomorrow for a weekend of fun, we will miss you. She may let us play on her long arm, I would be happy with just watching her in action. I will fill you in when we get back.

Jewels said...

What a nice photo Carol - you must have been a pro (you still are) in your day to do all that sewing! Jewels

Pokey said...

How sweet! Growing up, I remember one of my favorite dress-up play dresses was my Momma's squaw skirt,all fancy with silver and white ric-rac. Thank you for sharing your daughter's beautiful photo.

Marydon Ford said...

Carol, this photo is precious! I love her modeling so proudly.

Please check your settings to follow me on new blog,
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Have a wonderful week.
TTFN ~ Marydon