Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Wish I Had Used Other Colors

A lot of years ago, I saw this picture in a book that I had and was just fascinated by it. It is a bit of an optical illusion. Several summers ago, I decided to make a wallhanging like it. This piece was designed by Ann M. Adams, from San Antonio, Texas, according to the article in the book.
I purchased some fabrics and added some that I had and set about making the piece. Done in fusible applique and machine buttonhole stitched, it wasn't really hard to do.
I actually wish I had used other colors, although these go very nicely together. There would be so many color combinations that would be gorgeous.

It is actually, as I said, rather an optical illusion - sometimes looking as if the light were on top of the dark, instead of vice versa.

It is a good sized hanging and would be great on a high wall in an entryway. Or, as in the picture at the beginning, over a fireplace.

Thought you might enjoy looking at the piece - I had almost forgotten about it. (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Pokey said...

Wow, your work is to beautiful to be forgotten!

joanne lendaro said...

WOW!!! Is exactly right!! I would never have the patience to do something like that!!

Leslie said...

Wow, indeed is the word that came to my mind also. It is just something to look at and it looks like it was a challenge. Nice work. Elle got your card today and was excited to hear from you. Seriously the minute she saw your window head board and other treasures in your condo, she new you were kndered spirits, age doesn't seem to have any boundaries. lol

Jewels said...

Carol - where do you have all this stuff tucked away! You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful work! You need to bring some of these for show and tell....hugs Jewels

Karen said...

The original is lovely, but I like your colour combination every better! It is just beautiful Carol!!