Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Much Quilting Right Now

Every once in a while, I find myself not doing as much in the way of quilting as I most generally do. It's no big deal, and I think it's fine to kind of just ease off and do some other things for a bit. This time of year is kind of blah but I actually am not all that bothered by it as I do have so many things I enjoy doing. I so love to work on the computer and to add to my blogs - and one of the things I have been doing from time to time is going through some of the old photo albums and pulling pictures to scan for future posts. Sometimes while I am working on a post, it will trigger the thought of something else or another photo. I really love doing this. A few posts ago, I put up a picture of some granny squares I was making. I have continued working on those. Originally I was going to just butt them together, but after adding a border of white around a couple of them I really do like the way it makes the colors just sing.

On another note, I bought a new crockpot sometime ago and just used it for the first time today. I followed a recipe I bought in a little cookbook on crockpots at Joann's the other day. It sounded so good. Chicken, sweet potatoes, and onions cooked all day - then thicken the liquid, add peach preserves and pour over the chicken, etc. It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything I would try again. Always kind of disappointing when it isn't great. Although I actually think it's not the food - I think it's the fact that I am getting old and things actually do not taste like they did before. Except for good old sweet stuff - that is absolutely delicious!! (Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Bummer about the crockpot recipe, but look at the granny squares! Your last post about them inspired me to take out my bag of crochet supplies. Maybe tonight I will have a peek inside and see if any granny squares are in my future. What brand of yarn did you use? I don't think I will find anything that bright and happy in my bag.

Pokey said...

These are such pretty squares! Lydia was given a granny square afghan for Christmas, and it had big squares, each gone around 7 times. It and yours make me want to do some crocheting!

joanne lendaro said...

The granny squres are really pretty! It will make a beautiful afgan when they are finished. I have one and the blocks are trimmed in black. They are wonderful in the winter, soooo warm. Who would think that an afgan full of holes would be so warm?! Sorry your chicken wasn't delightful...

Leslie said...

Well, we are back from saying goodbye to Rohn in Vermont. What a sad trip. I love to knit and just finished felting a knitted carrying bag made out of bright wool yarns. I found some beautiful fabric to line it with and use for the straps. It is fun to break away from quilting now and then. Talk to you soon.