Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Quilting in Progress

Even though the quilt sandwich is this wallhanging looks loose and like it will never lie flat, so far I have been amazed at the way it has been quilting out. As I have said before, I have become more comfortable with my machine quilting, finally, but am still not sure of myself at all.
Here is the little July block and it is actually lying nice and flat. The quilting makes the little motifs pop right out.
Didn't know how I would do the sashing but, after a little ripping out of one way, decided on what is shown in this picture. I am now about half way through with the quilting and I should have it all done and bound in time for our quilt show. I promise no more pictures of this until it is all done. (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Janet said...

I like the way the quilting is going. I'm always afraid I'll ruin all my hard work with my quilting. I just love this quilt. I'm glad I have the patterns saved. Your colors just speak to me. The bunny and chick are just so Spring. Can't wait to see the finish.

Leslie said...

Oh that is just perfect Carol. I love the way that you are going around the sashing. What kind of thread are you using to quilt with, it kind of has a satin sheen to it. Looks Great!!!

Jackie said...

Your quilting looks fab...i really need to work more on mine...great job...can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Karen said...

Looking so good Carol!

Pokey said...

Show it to us all you want, Carol! The sashing is fun, the colors and pattern are so happy, and your machine quilting is looking great. Hope it finishes up well for you!