Thursday, March 25, 2010

More Tisket A Tasket

It's getting closer to being ready to quilt! I have the top together and think I am stopping right where I am. However, I have considered a smallish plain border so will have to decide soon. It really doesn't need to be bigger.
Could not find something big enough for the backing - didn't want to buy anymore fabric since there is an excess amount of that in my stash. Quite a few charm squares were left and I cut some more so I pieced this for the back. Took a little while, but I think it's kind of pretty. I have three more rows to connect and that will be ready for pressing and then time to layer the quilt. After it is quilted, I will do a little embellishing with buttons. And binding, of course, which may be just plain white. Stay tuned for the final episode with Tisket A Tasket. (Click to enlarge)

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh that is so very pretty Carol. It was alot of work and well worth it. I hope that you are enjoying your new computer. I felted a knitted wool bag today for a tote. I need to let it dry and make the fabric lining and straps today. Boy felting is so much fun, I really enjoy the results. I used bright colors of wool yarns for spring and summer.

Quilting Queen said...

Hi Carol...I really like the way you put your Tisket A Tasket together. . I have the patterns sitting in my "to do" box...that reminds me I think I need a bigger box...anyway, I like yours. I, too , got a new computer...ain't life grand.

Lori Holt said...

Hi Carol...
your tisket a tasket quilt is just darling. I really like the sashing and your backing.
Will you scallop the border? that would really be fun...but a little more work.
happy quilting,
lori

SD Janet said...

I love the Tisket-Tasket quilt. I saved the patterns. I'm doing Snowbound now. I love the colors and the way you did your sashing. This will be so awesome when you are done.

Jewels said...

Oh Carol - the back will be as pretty as the front - you did it again! Can't wait to see it done. Jewels

Tozz said...

I love it Carol and its so pretty and bright and suits it all to a tee :) You did a fabulous job of it :) hugs Vicki

Karen said...

So sweet!!! And, bright and happy. I love the back too. You are just so creative. :)

Bonny said...

How beautiful is this! You do such lovely work and I love your sashing!
I so enjoy reading your blog! Bonny

ivoryspring said...

My goodness - this is absolutely beautiful!