Monday, April 26, 2010

From a Plastic Bin in the Basement

In the basement again this past weekend and got out a big old plastic bin that contains unfinished projects--it's been a long, long time since I checked it out. This top was in there. It is one that I worked on at one of the first retreats I after I joined our guild. I actually had all this fabric in my stash and I do just love all the old prints. Wish I had more of them. Wouldn't it make a great hexagon quilt? I even have a backing pieced for this and I will have it quilted by one of the gals in our guild who has a long arm. It's not a full bed size - but would make a cozy couch quilt.

Next up--two pillow tops.

These are the same fabrics as the quilt on my bed. I did these a long time ago and that is some of my first machine quilting. It is not very good, but I did it in invisible thread so doesn't look too bad. Now, why don't I finish those. It would be so easy. I will leave them where I can see them and maybe get that done as they would look pretty on the bed.
And yet another quilt about the size of the first one. I had lots of fabric that looked mottled and pastel so did this one. I started machine quilting it but it was a hassle. However, there is too much done to rip out so maybe I will try and work on it more now that I am more comfortable doing it. Yet another one! This time a watercolor. Started handquilting this one and that is definitely not going to be finished by hand quilting. So I could machine quilt this little thing quite easily now and may just do that. I found a couple of other smaller ufo's which I will post later. One day I will get into the chest in the bedroom where I have two very large, very old quilts that are handquilted and unfinished. OMG, shame on me! Tell me I'm not the only one with these things squirreled away! (Click to enlarge)

9 comments:

Jewels said...

You are definetly not the only one Carol! I have some "biggies" I lost interest in for various reasons - and I can't say I'll ever finish them - may end up at a Quilt Show Bazaar! Love yours - a little history to on your quilting Journey....Cheers, Jewels

Karen said...

No Carol, you are not the only one with things squirreled away! LOL. They are all so beautiful. I hope you can get them done.

Pokey said...

I'm glad you have retrieved these from the plastic bin, The are gorgeous!! The first one really tickles my fancy, but they all have such great charm. You have such a good eye for your quilts, thanks for sharing!

FeatherDuster said...

Those are all so pretty! I especially like the pastel tulips :)

Leslie said...

They are just lovely especially the pastel one. Please finish. I just got the print out from the Bay City Quilt Show and I found that Carol B. won Third place in the category Applique, Individual Machine Quilted, for Lollipop Trees in a Jelly Bean Field. Congratulations to you!!!

Chartreuse Moose said...

What fun to discover old "gold"! You've inspired me to go treasure hunting in my basement plastic bins now!

Sue said...

Enjoyed all the goodies you pulled out of your bin. Love the pillow tops and the pastel quilt:)

Quilting Queen said...

You are kidding right?...of course , you are not the only one with UFO's squirreled away...hey, we are not alone out there. My hidden treasures are not as nice as yours.

Momma Made This said...

Wow, Carol! These are gorgeous! I especially love the pastel, and can't wait to see what you do with these to finish them up!

OF COURSE I have unfinished quilts here and there! I'm suspicious of quilters who do not!

I started a new quilt last night, despite more than a dozen (2 dozen) quilts in various stages of progress or lack of... but sometimes the Muse MUST be listened to!!!

~ Ronda