Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Long Ago Easter Sunday

Easter, 1956, back in Chillicothe, Illinois. I love this picture of our little kids - how happy can you be. Their beautiful smiles are so awesome - almost like they are laughing out loud. Maybe Mom or Dad said something funny.


Here they all ready to go to church and Sunday School in their Easter outfits. Over on Pieces of the Past there are two more pictures with their Easter bunnies along with the first one where their smiles are so big. It's another photo that needs to be in both blogs. I am so amazed that these lovely memories are fifty-four years ago.

Have a blessed Easter. (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Janet said...

I enjoyed the pictures of your kids. I was just thinking yesterday--how much simpler life was then. Our easter baskets were the baskets strawberries came in at the store or cottage cheese carton that had been printed with Easter designs. We dyed eggs, had jelly beans and 1 small chocolate rabbit. Now days some people treat it like Christmas--giving large gifts. I loved the little hat I got to wear. Such good memories. Happy Easter.

joanne lendaro said...

Adorable pictures! I'm with Janet...I too remember when it was sooooo much simpler. Easter was more about the celebration of life at church. And the baskets were just as Janet said...smaller and simpler as well.

Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Jewels said...

Heh Carol - great pics! I'm pretty sure I have a photo somewhere of me in a similar hat! Have a great day. I'll be posting vacation pics soon...Jewels...

Leslie said...

Hi carol, I hope that you and your family had a nice Easter. We celebrated on Saturday with a big family dinner at my house and then watched the MSU basketball game for the final 4. That was a very exciting game. I love the picture of the Easter kids and remember dressing mine for Easter and hoping that it by chance it would be a wonderful warm day like today was so that they were not dressed to light for the typical Michigan weather. This day was sure a super one. Talk to you soon.

Karen said...

Wonderful photos! Hope you had a lovely Easter.