Friday, April 16, 2010

Some of My Projects

This wallhanging has been hanging on the wall on the basement since last summer or fall and I finally put the quilt sandwich together and have been quilting on it. I feel so much more comfortable with my machine quilting now and wish I had worked harder at it ten years ago or more. However, better late than never. The setting triangles will be quilted as the one shown above and I still have to figure out what I will do for the 3 inch border which I feel should be some sort of straight lines, also.

Don't know if I will be able to do this one or not. Want to make a cross stitch sampler and this is 28 to the inch linen which is done by working over two threads making it 14. Well, I guess my eyes aren't quite as good as they used to be as I see when it is enlarged that there are some pretty obvious goofs. I may order some fabric that is not quite as irregular as linen even though linen is so beautiful. I have always loved samplers and ordered a pattern, fabric and floss from a place on the web. They certainly filled the order quickly.
And, my granny squares are done. I ended up putting two rows of the white around each one which I like a lot. I have started putting them together, then will put a row of dc all around the entire afghan and maybe a picot in the center dc of each set.
So I am getting a few projects finished and almost finished. (Click to enlarge)

6 comments:

Karen said...

Carol, your wallhanging is beautiful!!!!! I love the quilting. And, look at all the granny squares. I never did make one, but have it on my To-Do List for next winter.

Leslie said...

I love the modern and bright look of the old fashioned granny squares. This will be just perfect when it is done and blocked in with the Dc around the entire piece. Where will you put it. Perhaps on my lap? lol

Jewels said...

MAN I am jealous! My pile (and I mean PILE) of projects are sitting waiting for me to take care of - I'd much rather work on them then my big girl job! As always Carol everything looks lovely....Jewels

Greener Pastures Farm said...

Carol, I just found you today, and all I can say is "I want to be you when I grow up!"

Beautiful!

~ Ronda
http://mommamadethis.blogspot.com

Greener Pastures Farm said...

Carol, I just finished looking at your other quilt blog, and if I'd commented on each quilt, I'd be sitting here all night! So many beautiful quilts! If you pinned me down and forced me to choose, I'd probably have to go with Black Magic, but it would be a hard choice! And the headboard for your bed! Gorgeous. Inspired. Inventive. Fantastic. Wow.

~ Ronda
http://mommamadethis.blogspot.com

Beth Niquette said...

Your work is lovely--however I was looking for a postcard since you signed up for Postcard Friendship Friday.