Friday, June 18, 2010

Fashion Friday

It says right on the picture that this is Anna Pearce in Champagne, Ill, but I don't know how Anna is related to my grandfather's family. I do know that Dan and Maggie had some very good friends in Champagne. This pretty lady may have been married to the son of one of Dan's brothers. Most certainly, it looks as if there is a bird perched on her hat! Her outfit is fresh and summery with a skirt and overskirt and pretty blouse sporting a pin or brooch. And the hat!! Anna wins the prize for the best hat in pictures of my ancestors! Don't you agree? Interesting little purse she is carrying - looks like it could be a carton of Chinese food. I love this picture and hope I haven't posted it before.

5 comments:

Quilting Queen said...

You're right, interesting little bag and the hat...oh my, the hat...actually, I got a kick out of it...fashions...wonder what the next generation will think of ours....really enjoy your fashion fridays...

Quilting Queen said...

On a side note, Carol, I checked out the website you suggested and found out I was doing something wrong from the beginning...thanks for the help..I should call myself"if all else fails, read the directions":)

Leslie said...

Well I hope it was not hot out like it was today or she would be overwhelmed with heat in all of those layers of fabric and probably undergarments. I just watered the plants out side and it is a hot one today. lol

joanne lendaro said...

Another cool picture! Don't care for the hat...not really a hat kinda gal, but LOVE the purse, and of course the outfit! Thanks so much for sharing this photo! Take care Carol!!
hugs, joanne

Beth Niquette said...

What a fabulous picture! I have to say--I'm glad the fashions have changed over the years!!!

Lol Happy PFF!