Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Frilly Little Quilt

Here it is - all bound and finished and waiting with several other little quilts to be used by some little baby in the future. I am so tickled with the way it turned out and adore the fabrics that are reproductions of the fabrics of the 30's. Next time, I will wait until the quilt is all pieced, sandwiched and quilted before I sew the ruffles on. It would be so much easier in that order.
These fabrics go together so beautifully - you just can't miss when using them. Just love it!
(Click to enlarge)

13 comments:

Janet said...

What a pretty quilt for a new baby girl! Whoever gets it will be very pleased with it.

FeatherDuster said...

What a sweet quilt :)

joanne lendaro said...

Beautiful quilt! You are right the fabrics are wonderful together.

Leslie said...

It is wonderful. I was at a meeting with Earlene yesterday and I told her to contact you because you have discovered an easier way to do this quilt. She has a little granddaughter on the way and is thinking pink. lol

Jewels said...

Carol - I LOVE it -if I was preggers you'd be invited to the baby shower (LOL - too old for that). You rally are the Ruffle Queen....Jewels

Quilting Queen said...

Sweet...what a pretty quilt. Don't you just love new techniques?

Beth Niquette said...

I've never seen anything like this! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This quilt is one of the cutest I have
ever seen. ADORABLE!

PeggyinNO said...

Perfection! Ruffles and 30's fabric-you can't get any cuter than that!

Karen said...

That is the sweetest quilt!!!

Simply Sandy said...

I just found this sweet quilt on Pinterest. Just want you to know, I love it! It is perfect.

Karen said...

Cute quilt! Is there a pattern for this?

Nancy said...

Love, love, love this quilt for a little girl. Please tell us how it's made.