Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Fluffy Ruffles Batik Bag

Here is the bag that I finished this afternoon. It turned out really well and I would only change one thing about it. The handles seem to be pretty skimpy. I am thinking maybe I can find some plastic handles - rings or something - and make loops out of part of these handles and attach new ones. Will think on this. It does have a fabric loop to go over an old button so it will stay closed. I lined it with the larger print fabric and put a good sized pocket on each side. This would be darling done in denim with some Aunt Gracie fabrics for ruffles---no end of possibilities. Would make sturdier handles on the next one. (Click to enlarge)

7 comments:

Momma Made This said...

Oh, this is too cute for words! I love it! And in my favorite color, too! : D

~ Ronda

Vicki said...

It is really lovely Carol and the colours are just divine :) Love the ruffles :) I find that I need thicker handles too otherwise it ends up hurting my shoulder as I always have it over my left shoulder. Hugs Vicki

Janet said...

Cutie-pa-tootie!! Love the ruffled bag. ;)

janet said...

Very cute and I just love the colors.

Leslie said...

Oh I just love it, the modern fabrics and the ruffles are perfect. They will just love it at sit and sew tomorrow, be sure to pack your lunch and project in it. I have a surprise to show you, we got a rescue dog delived to us on Sat. evening. It is a Boxer and she so far has been just a joy. I didn't think I could get another dog after I lost Darla at 16 years in Feb. but she seems to be healing for us. I will show you soon when I am in Midland. :)

Nan said...

Carol you have been giving that ruffle foot a work out since you got that !! Now a ruffle bag, what are you going to put ruffles on next ?? How about dish towels, vintage looking ones with a red ruffle at the bottom. I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Karen said...

Very, very cute Carol! Beautiful fabric.