Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pinkwork

I have had these little teacups and sugar bowl in the works for quite some time now and have finished them. There are six and will be six inch blocks. I plan to put them together the same way that I did the little antique bluework blocks wallhangings sometime back.
I was able to find a couple of pieces of fabric at the quilt shop that went with them and found some more at home here in my stash. The fabric that I have for the polka dot girls would really go with these but don't want to use that - and I should get back to working on the girls again. Maybe they will go with me to sit and sew on Tuesday. I have also fused the last block for the posey wallhanging done in reproduction fabrics and am getting the setting triangles ready to go.
(Click to enlarge)

12 comments:

The Memory Keeper said...

Sew pretty Carol! Love that pinkwork!

Vicki said...

Its going to be absolutely lovely Carol and I am liking the idea to pink rather than red. Just gorgeous!

Quilting Queen said...

OOOh...pretty...I love embroidery and quilting together...am looking forward to the finished product..please post it...

leslie said...

I think this will be a great wall hanging and very pretty I got a new toy for my birthday i am typing this from my new dell notebook. it is so small and cute and fun. I will show you it when we next meet. THey all surprised me with this little toy.

Molly said...

I love the little teacup and sugar bowl, they are super cute :)

Lori Holt said...

Oh Carol...
I'm so glad that I came over to see what you're up to. Those teacups are so adorable...you know I love embroidery like you do! I think the pink is fantastic...
xx lori

Barb said...

I just love your tea cups and sugar bowl....such wonderful work...

Chartreuse Moose said...

These little pinkwork pieces are so sweet, can hardly wait to see them in their final wall hanging! I agree, think I like pink more than red...nice alternative!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Lovely! Your collection of red prints are wonderful. I will be looking forward to your finished project. Thanks for sharing! Carolyn

Karen said...

Pretty pinkwork Carol! I love anything tea related. And, an excellent selection of fabric to go with it.

Janet said...

I love the little cups and sugar bowl designs. This is so pretty. Some how the pink just goes better than the red for this. Can't wait to see the end result.

Janet said...

It's going to be gorgeous, the stitcheries are lovely and the fabrics are just perfect.