Thursday, July 8, 2010

Three More Blocks

Three more of these blocks. I find I am really loving working with this fabric. Have not done anything with the Civil War reproduction before and really enjoy the look.
The blocks are quite easy to applique - even the smaller circles aren't that bad and they add a lot.
The block above doesn't have the circles on it yet and is not appliqued either. This is one of my favorites so far.

There are the five together. Thirteen more to go plus setting triangles. (Click to enlarge)

8 comments:

Pokey said...

Moving along ~ ~ you are doing great, as always, I might add. I appreciate your fabric selections, they are creating a vintage feel. I like your hummingbird, and the dots, too! pokey

Vicki said...

I am loving your blocks Carol and the fabrics look really good and suit the design :) Very nice. hugs Vicki

Leslie said...

I love the fabrics and the pattern is very cool. I can't wait to see it finished. On the way home from Elle's skating in Detroit we got in a huge rain storm on I75 today. Cars were spinning out all around us. We got home safely I am happy to say. They say is will cool off for the weekend and then watering the plants won't be so dang hot, huh.

Karen said...

Wow!!! Reproduction fabric is great and works well with many different styles of quilts. Can't wait to see more Carol!

Janet said...

Such cool blocks! Way different than anything I would do, so it's so much fun to see. Can't wait to see some more.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your applique blocks and the reproduction fabric is wonderful. I too can't wait to see more, Carolyn

Momma Made This said...

I love this! Truly beautiful. Way to go, Carol. Each block is fantastic, but even better when put together in your last photo. WOW. Can't wait to see what happens next!

~ Ronda

Chartreuse Moose said...

Wow...applique and reproduction fabrics...it doesn't get much better! What fun! Did the civil war pattern come with diary or any history mentioned? I always find that little "extra" the frosting on my projects!