Friday, August 27, 2010

Little Hats from Toz's Corner

Some time ago - maybe a year - I found these very sweet little girl at Vicki's great blog http://tozzscorner.blogspot.com/ and I downloaded them. Earlier this summer, I got them out and traced five of them on some cream Kona cotton for embroidering. I had also sent away for some different embroidery thread and ordered this pretty variegated floss which I decided to use for the little hat girls.

A little while ago I was searching through my fabric and found this absolutely perfect paisley to go with the stitcheries. Vicki had done hers in kind of a crazy quilt layout and I think that is what I will do. It will be a small piece but I think it will be a nice one. I will do five altogether - in the hoop is the fourth and hanging outside the hoop is the fifth. One that isn't shown is finished and on the back of one of the pieces of fabric. I inadvertently traced it on the wrong side. They go quickly. Thanks, Vicki, for the darling patterns. Will post progress on this neat little project. (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful, I think your thread is just perfect! Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Carolyn

Jewels said...

Carol you sure find the cutest things on the web...this looks really sweet. I picked up an old quilt top today (definetly a cutter)- bits may show up in one of our "tags" ;->....J

Vicki said...

Carol they are looking ever so delicate and pretty :) I look forward to seeing them complete :) hugs Vicki

Miri said...

These embroideries are adorable.

I have a question about your quilting on your redwork quilt from Wednesday...do you machine quilt over the embroideries? I've only hand quilted my embroidered quilts but I'd like to try machine quiltinq the heart baby quilt.

Karen said...

Very sweet Carol! Perfect fabric to go with it.