Sunday, September 5, 2010

What I've Been Working On

Posies is amost quilted - should get that finished today. Quilted in part of the excess backing and batting around the edge yesterday - it wasn't too much ripping but glad I caught it when I did. Doing things like that keeps a quilter humble.

I am liking this little piece very much. It's only about 14" x 21". The colors are so very soft and pretty and it has been fun to do. Will use the Sulky thread to do some decorative stitches (have already done a little) then add some embellishment. The little hat in the right hand corner is getting colonial knots on every other buttonhole stitch. At the top in the lefthand corner, there is a little bead at every other buttonhole stitch. Will do some other embellishments and will figure them out as I go.

Here are my pretty girls in big hats - have a hat thing going, I guess - and the fabric I plan to use in a wall hanging. There will be two more girls wearing cloche style hats. Will put them on a layout I found in EQ5 which I am altering a bit. This is a fun one, also.
It's a cool, very fallish morning here in MI (in the 40's earlier) - a harbinger of days to come. I am a fall loving girl! My very favorite time of year. Maybe today I will get out a wreath and my little wooden scarecrow that I have had for a long time. Time to put the pink flamingoes in the shed until next year. (Click to enlarge)

9 comments:

leslie said...

I love seeing all of your projects. Linda wants to go to lunch and shops on Wednesday what do you think, are you in, let me know.

Vicki ♥ said...

Carol your little hats are just gorgeous and I love your trims you are doing....so delicate :) and your Posies are fabulous..love them too and you are just so productive with lots of things. All very inspiring :) hugs Vicki

Janet said...

You have some gorgeous projects on the go but I'm in love with the one you're quilting, it's stunning.

Karen said...

Three very lovely projects Carol!!!! I too am loving the fall like weather.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

All your projects are wonderful. Love the colors in the first one. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing---I want to go for lunch too but I live to far away, boo-hoo! :) Carolyn

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Are your little hats hand embroidered? What kind of thread did you use? It is all absolutely gorgeous!

PatchworkRose said...

Just so love your posies and the fabrics you have used. Am looking forward to seeing it finished :-)
Cheers
Lynne

Quiltdoodles said...

Love your needle work. The pastel one is darling!

Karen said...

I really like what you have done with the Blackbird Designs quilt blocks. Using the reproduction fabrics is different and quite interesting.