Saturday, October 30, 2010

On Halloween!

Another very old wall hanging  I made this in the early 90's with some of the homespun fabrics I had at the time.  You don't see as much homespun being used anymore, but I still rather like the look.  This was machine appliqued with the invisible thread and the little quilting that I did was with the same thread.  It is pretty puffy and could certainly stand more quilting to flatten it out, but I will just let it stay as it is.  This probably would be cute in some of today's fabrics.  I have no idea who designed it so cannot give credit. 
Happy Halloween from Funoldhag!!  Hope you get good treats!!  (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Pokey said...

I had this very same pattern! Yours is very cute just as it is....

Miri said...

Spooky and cute!! I also loved the soft homespuns.

Have you put a quilt into the Bloggers Festival? I'm showing a basket quilt from years ago.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I still use homespuns. This is a cute wall hanging---thanks for sharing.

We only had 14 children knock for treats last night--now, we have lot's of left over "candy" I need to hide it ---but I don't think that will work do you? :) Carolyn

Karen said...

Very, very cute! I love homespuns.

Stray Stitches said...

What a cute wall hanging!!!