Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Star

I just finished quilting the paper pieced star that I did in Linda's class a few weeks ago.  Just pretty much straight machine quilting with the walking foot except for some of my loopy things between the star and sashing.  The border is just lines an inch apart quilted up and down.  With the background fabric I used (really like it) you can't really see the quilting so I just went all around each stripe in the star with invisible thread and quilted it in the ditch.  I think it makes the star pop and I am pleased with it.  Below is a picture of the piece right after I pinned it to the bacground fabric which I had had for a very long time.  Guess this is what I bought it for!  (Click to enlarge)

11 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

I am just amazed...I LOVE this--how talented you are! I would like to feature your blog and this wonderful piece on my art blog this coming Tuesday for FAT (Featured Art Tuesday) Artist Spotlight. Would you mind???

Let me know! Have a lovely weekend.

Pokey said...

That is one beautiful, paper pieced star! So, what was the background for?

Momma Made This said...

Isn't that GREAT how the backing was just perfect for this? How cool is that?

I agree... your decision to quilt in the ditch was right on. It does make the star "pop." Will this be a wall hanging? As always, you make beautiful quilts. I'm still drooling over the quilt in your header! ; )

~ Ronda

Jewels said...

Carol this turned out great - and the background really works well - has "movement" to it - can almost imagine your star in the sky. Wonderful job (as always my friend). Jewels

Vicki ♥ said...

That is really fabulous Carol and I love the effect of it all. Amazing and very colourful. I like paper piecing also as it gets such wonderful crisp corners. hugs Vicki xx

Quilting Queen said...

Holy jumpin' gee willickers!!! That is one gorgeous star. I love the colours..it really pops..great job!! The background fabric gives it movement...twinkling like a real star.

Leslie said...

Very pretty, your colors are great.

Janet said...

I love your star. It is so awesome--love the colors and yes, you made it pop. What size is it?

Karen said...

The star sure does pop Carol! Just beautiful and I like the backing fabric too.

Uncle Bill said...

Now that star looks like it's floating in outerspace... and very energetic!

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

I love that star..it is beautiful!!!