Friday, January 21, 2011

Fashion Friday

Modeling today are three Moss sisters - Martha, Ann and Jane.  Ann is my other daughter and has been for almost 30 years - it will be 30 on Valentine's Day!  There is one more Moss sister, Marilyn, who came along at a later date.  The three girls are wearing dresses that were so popular back then with the full ruffled sckirts and probably a sash in back.  Puffed sleeves were usually the order of the day and  looks like peter pan collars on Martha and Ann's dresses.  Way back then, we ironed - and ironed and ironed - little dresses like that along with almost everything else that our family wore.  Thank heavens for dryers and permapress!  The three sisters each wear cute little black shoes and anklets - Jane has knee socks.  Someone must have said something funny because they all have beautiful big smiles!!  (Click to enlarge)

3 comments:

rockgranny said...

I remeber wearing such dresses, my sis too, and to tell you the truth: I hated them. Wearing jeans was thge other story...
But thanks anyhow, it is nice to remeber good old times

Janet said...

Thise dresses remind me of ones my mother made for me and my sisters. I suppose they needed so much ironing because they were cotton. Thanks for memories.

Uncle Bill said...

Now those are some very sharp dresses! No wonder they're all so happy! What a great time to be growing up in the midwest.