Monday, January 31, 2011

Quilt Block Embroidery

Almost finished with the blocks for this little wallhanging.  I have two more full ones finished and ready to be bordered with the prints.  The staggered middle strip will have half blocks at the top and bottom - then I'll decide on a border.  As mentioned in an earlier post, I think, the fabric is from a Moda charm pack and I love it so much.
Here is the third block of nine that I am making for another wallhanging.  I need to look through my Kaffe fabric for some more greens.  Fussy cutting is fun, but you certainly make swiss cheese out of fabric.  I think I have plenty of it, though!!  If I ever use up all my fabric,  I will be well into my 100's.  (Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Jewels said...

Good things to be working on in this very COLD weather Carol. I hope you have all your supplied in for the next couple of days - sounds like we are going to get hit hard with more snow! Jewels

Quilting Queen said...

And I hope I am around to see you use up all your fabric...so keep buying....

Leslie said...

Gee, I love those blackwork pieces they are surrounded by the perfect moda fabric to set them off. I found 2 more black and gold print fabrics while in Detroit on Friday to go with my black and gold embrodiery sampler. I think we better make some of Linda's soup with all of the snow that may be on its way. Stay warm and I know that you will stay busy. I read Hannah's blog, she sounds happy.

Seth said...

The flower pot applique is cool, I love mixing fabrics looks great.

Karen said...

The stitchery blocks are excellent and the basket is just plain fun!