Sunday, February 6, 2011

Top is Finished

Are you tired of this little thing?  It's all pieced together now and ready to be layered for quilting.  I have one more decision to make on the edge - whether or not to put a 2 to 2 1/2 black print border around it or just go with the black binding.  I'm leaning toward just the binding.  You have my promise this won't show up again until it is quilted and bound, but I have only been working on a couple of things the past couple of weeks.  I do want to get back to the applique blocks now.  One thing for sure, I don't get done nearly what I used to do but am happy I get anything done at all!!  And it's certainly not like I need more quilts and wallhangings - just love to make them.   (Click to enlarge)

6 comments:

Quilting Queen said...

Either way, black binding alone or black border and binding...it will make those beautiful fabrics pop even more. I know what you mean...got way too many wallhangings, table toppers, doilies...covers, blankets, dog quilts...and the list goes on.I plan on making many, many more......lol

Pokey said...

Okay, I got a little behind in my blog reading again (it's those report cards!), and I tune in to see you finished this piece from the post-only six days ago!?! What a woman, you are amazing! Oh, as is your snowy post, I'm sorry for all that white you have to wait to melt away....
Your square dance outfits made me think of my folks, and Larry's. Momma had what she called squaw dresses, but Larry's folks met square dancing, Papa was the caller...
Hugs to my creative internet friend, pokey

Leslie said...

I would like it either way. I just love the blackwork embroidery. Lately, they are going with less and less boarders, have you noticed that? Are some of those blocks from the wool quilt, if they are what a great idea to make them in stitching. Leif and I are having pizza for the super bowl, Gar is having corn dogs. Our crowd is getting smaller and smaller each year. Oh well.

Karen said...

Just black binding sounds lovely Carol! The fabric is just beautiful around the blocks.

Jewels said...

Lovely Carol - can't wait to see it (and I don't mind how many post you put up about it (LOL) J

Linda said...

Wow, Carol! That's beautiful - you are so talented and such an inspiration to me! Glad to have met you through blogland. :)

Linda in Illinois