Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Undecided

Just about to wind this little piece up but can't make up my mind on the border.  Thought I would ask what you think - which should I go for - the dark or the light?  One minute I am loving one, and the next minute the other.  Regardless of which one I use, the binding will be the dark like the narrow sashing.  I am also going to embroider "Home Sweet Home" beneath the cabin.  Might add my initials and year.  Decisions, decisions!  Would love your input!   (Click to enlarge)

11 comments:

Sue said...

My first thought is the dark. Makes it look so rich. The light seems to wash out a bit.

Sue said...

That is so pretty. Is that an Edyta Sitar pattern. I recognize the bird! Love it!

Leslie said...

I am voting for the dark since the cabin is done in that.

Janet said...

I like the light border. I think your inner block pops more with the lighter outside. Either one will look nice. A lovely little quilt.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Hi Carol, Love the cabin ---your applique is wonderful! I am voting for the dark like Leslie and Sue---- for the same reasons.

Very nice work!
:) Carolyn

Karen said...

I say go with the dark! That is a Home Sweet Home for sure.

Stray Stitches said...

My vote is for the darker border. It really makes the colors pop in the main part of the quilt. Your quilt is beautiful!!

Jewels said...

Heh C - I think the darker border helps make everything "pop"! Jewels

sue said...

I like the darker fabrics - I agree, the lighter ones just wash out. Looks great!

Sherry said...

Definitely the dark! Very cute!

Arielle Peterson said...

My vote is for the dark for sure!!!!!