Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One I Have Wanted to Make

Here is a pattern I found in a magazine someplace that I have been wanting to put together for a tabletopper. I love the way it connects from one block to the other.  The leaves will be changed a little bit. 
There is plenty of the mottled fabric to make the sixteen 8 1/2" blocks - it's the same background I used for the posie wallhanging.  Will make all the stems and leaves the same color, then lots of different colored flowers with maybe the centers being all the same fabric.  Probably will use my reproduction fabrics - mostly in the red family.  This would also be pretty in Aunt Gracie, batiks, some of the yummy new designer fabrics, etc.   Decisions, decisions - so many choices!    Will keep you posted.  (Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Ohhh can't wait to see what you come up with - you are so clever at this C!

Leslie said...

That will be very pretty, I can't wait to see it also. Yesterday the sit and sew was fun and lunch was yummy. It rained cats and dogs today in Flint on our way home from Detroit. lol

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Lovely pattern, I will be looking forward to seeing more!

Carolyn :)

Karen said...

An excellent pattern Carol, I can see it in 1930's fabric.