Monday, June 27, 2011

Back to My Hexies

Figruing out the layout of the strips for the hexagon quilt.  Either four or five floral strips separated by plain ones for pretty quilting.  Here I have tucked strips of color on each side of the flowers and like the way that looks.  Each strip could be a single fabric or it could have multiple  pieces - will try both.  I hand appliqued the first hexie down but have since done two with blind stitch machine applique using monofiliment thread.  Much, much faster and hard to tell which is which.  Being in my 80's, I think I am going for the "fast"!!
(Click to enlarge)

5 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Very nice! Even though I would like to do some hand quilting, I, too, think in terms of "fast". More than age, mine issue is patience -- I like to get it done -- chop, chop!!!! I can't wait to see your finished quilt!

Leslie said...

That sure is going to be pretty. The quilted areas will be spectacular.

Jewels said...

Your so funny - doing it "fast"...it will turn out lovely regardless because you are the one making it! J

Karen said...

So funny, going for the fast!!

Quilting Queen said...

Hand or machine ...looks great to me..