Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ready for the Laurel Wreath Quilt



This is one of two quilts I want to put together this fall and winter. I sent for some very pretty background fabric (you will be able to see it if you enlarge the photo) and also more reproduction fabric from two different sources.  No one in Midland sells 30's reproduction fabric and you are pretty sure to be able to get what you want when you order it on line.  I bought the background and one set of reproduction fabrics from Fabric Shack in Ohio.  Their shipping is $2.50 for up to $75.00 and they were quick in filling my order.  I read about them on  The Polka Dot Chicken - there is a link to her blog on my sidebar.

I have posted this picture before and only do it to show the way the wreath comes together with a bird or flower being inside each one.


Bill and Ann are coming from Overland Park tomorrow evening and my middle granddaughter, Molly, and Doug are flying in from Portland tomorrow, also, so we will have some great family time with most of the family.  (Click to enlarge)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely fabrics you've picked up! I love the thirties. I order from Fabric Shack too and they are fast with their orders. Good customer service too :)

I will look forward to seeing your project come together.

carol fun said...

Pretty fabrics! Glad that Fabric Shack worked out for you. I just thought they were fast to me since I only live 30 minutes away. But with the $2.50 shipping I can't drive there and back for that amount. Thanks for the mention about my blog - it makes me smile from ear to ear. Have a great time with your family!

Leslie said...

I will have to check out that site, I love the fabrics that you have picked. I buy alot of my 30's upnorth at a shop in Indian River. It is only about 20 minutes from the cabin. I have been working on my 30's since this weekend when it was rainy upnorth. I am making yoyo's with the clover yoyo maker. Boy is that a cool little device to have in my collection. It makes them fast and easy and they are always the perfect size. Have great family time this week!!! Talk lots about that cute baby, lol.