Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What a Great Weekend

What a great weekend with my family for my 83rd birthday.  My son and his wife came in Thursday night late after having driven from KC to Michigan in one day.   My middle granddaughter and her husband came from Portland, OR, and stayed with Sherry and Barc.  Saturday we had a dinner here and then all went to the Loons ball game - a farm team for the Dodgers that is based here.  Dow Chemical is the big employer in Midland and they were responsible for the absolutely wonderful stadium that was built a few years ago.  Great place for families and baseball fans to go have a fun evening.  Sunday was a steak cookout at my daughter's home.  Missing and missed were Hannah and Norah and family.  However, we all talked to Hannah on the phone over the weekend and she sounds wonderful.  She was telling us how she has added electricity in each room now from the one hanging bulb she had.  We are amazed. And she has painted all (probably 3) rooms different colors and all have pink doors.  What a girl!  We also skyped with Norah, Chad and Henry on Sunday and got to watch the little baby funny faces and hear some of his little sounds.  Labor Day weekend Sherry, Barclay and I will fly to Colorado and meet Henry - so looking forward to that so much.  Aunt Molly will fly in from Portland, too.  

All in all, I had such a happy birthday.   I enjoyed the birthday comments so much.  Blogging and quilting keep me busy and moving along.  I did, however, have two naps yesterday and did not get much done.   I have days like that every once in a while anyway!  Thank you, my dear family, I love you all.

8 comments:

Pokey said...

I'm glad your day was special, and that you still have more family time to come, hug that little Henry up!
(and naps are great for all ages,lol)
:-}pokey

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I am happy that you had a very fun day---I agree with Pokey--Naps are great!

Hugs, Carolyn

Leslie said...

Great birthday week and special weekend comming up soon, huh!!!! With you the fun never ends, girl. lol

Anonymous said...

you look so nice in your flowered hoodie and matching ruffled bag.
happy birthday!

Sherry said...

We love you too, gram! The weekend was a blast!

Janet said...

So glad you enjoyed a wonderful birthday week-end with your family. I bet you are counting the days to meeting Henry!! That will be so much fun. I love a nap. :)

Nelly said...

How happy you looked what a lucky family to have you in it.I love the fact that even at 83 you are still up to date with all this techie stuff My mjm is 65 and wont touch any of it even a mobile phone and only recently started using a eftpos card.
Cheers and heres to many more years to come.

Karen said...

I missed your birthday posting, it sounds like you had a lovely day. A nap every now and then is the best! :)