Sunday, October 30, 2011

Almost Halloween

Here's a pretty little girl all dressed up for Halloween.   I so love everything done in this manner - I would guess it is from the 1920's.  She is so cute.

I have been working away at the granny square afghan and have most of the individual rows sewn together along with two long ones shown above.  Not lots of fun but necessary.  I probably could have been finished with it except for.......
the fact that I started another one!!  What in the heck am I thinking?  This is a stitch called larksfoot and it does go quickly, but I certainly don't need another afghan.  Monkey see, monkey want to do!!   With this, when you are done with the rows you are done.  In the middle picture, you can see some of the blooms and buds on my Christmas cactus that usually blooms for Halloween.  Not as many as a couple of years ago when it was just loaded with blooms. 
(Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

carol fun said...

Hi Carol -

Love the vintage Halloween girl - and that crochet stitch is so pretty - I've never seen that one before. The only answer to the question why do we start new projects is because we can! LOL - have a great week!

Jewels said...

your so funny Carol - you will always be doing something! I'm sure its what keeps you young. Have fun tomorrow night...J

Karen said...

I was thinking of you and your granny squares just the other day. It is this time of year my crochet hook comes to mind. I love your squares and the new pattern is wonderful too!

LuAnn said...

I just love your granny squares. I became a follower so I can watch your progress on those. There are 6 of us that are doing a crochet along together. We were in one before and we wanted to do more. LOL I'd love it if you would post photos of your squares to our flickr group so the girls could see them. I've never seen the larkspur before, but I love how it looks.