Sunday, October 2, 2011

Found the Combination

After taking a timeout, I went back to the machine and finally found the combination to keep the thread from breaking.  Changed the needle, the bobbin thread and fiddled with the upper tension and something I did or all of it did the trick.  The machine was working beautifully at the quilting class on Wednesday so figured it had to be something else. 
Sometimes I am amazed at how good machine quilting looks on it's own - even something as simple and basic as what I do.  I get a lot of mileage out of loop-de-loops.  They are easier for me than stippling.  How I wish I had started machine quilting years and years ago, but at least I am glad that I can get by with what I do for my smaller pieces. 
Here are a couple of samples that I did last week - certainly nothing to be too proud of but maybe they show a bit of promise if I would sit down and do some practicing.  Regardless, it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I can do what I do.  Hope you're having a great weekend - it's certainly pretty here!
(Click to enlarge - see all my bobbles!)

2 comments:

Sue said...

That looks so good! I am glad your machine got to working again for you!

Jewels said...

Well your a heck of a lot better at it then I am! LOL J