Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Working on Three Projects

I have been working on projects - but ones that I started and have not finished.  Three of them are lying around my living room right now and I kind of jump from one to another and slowly progress is being made.  My granny squares have been done for a long time, but not put together.  So I am in the process of joining them and then will have to crochet a border around the completed piece.  This kind of work is not fun - but it comes with the territory!   Next afghan I do will be a one piece!!
My Mexican Star is all together but the little triangle thingies have to be laid back and sewn down ala catherdral window.  I have maybe seven of them done.  All the time I work on these finishes I think of other things I would like to be start, but I'll bet most quilters do likewise.
Last winter I did the little snowman and now I am almost done with Santa.  Love these little embroideries.  Six or seven more snowflakes and a puff of wind in the corner and Santa is done.  There is a pattern for a tree, also, but I think I will pass on that one.  Found some cute fabric so will make a couple of little wallhangings.  So tonight while tv is on, I will work on one or the other or all and eventually they will be done.  (Click to enlarge)   

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Elle says to tell you that she is done with all 25 of her squares and will need to put them together soon. She has a new project in the works and will be sending you a picture soon. P.S. she wants to know if you will put all 25 squares together for her. lol, just kidding she says. But being her mom I think that she wishes you would. lol See you on Thursday for the piecing class, no Detroit for me on that day. yippee

Jewels said...

Lots of lovely projects Carol! And it is the kind of weather to stay in where it is warm - would love to see how you living room looks right now! J

Linda said...

Your creations are lovely! :)

Busy As Can Be said...

What a fun project I love the snowman stitchery!

Karen said...

Three great projects Carol, love the snowmen!