Monday, November 14, 2011

Project for Christmas

Tucked away in the basement in a container were these little embroideries I did a couple of years ago with the intent of making wallhangings.  Good intentions should be carried out, but, alas, that is not always so.  I also had four kitchen towels I bought way back when that I was going to applique for Christmas, also.  Guess what - that didn't get done either.  The other day I got to thinking about ordering some more towels and doing them Christmasy (is that a word?).  I do a lot of ordering from http://www.ericas.com/ - they are fast and accommodating.  I had a lightbulb moment - why not border the little embroideries and either fuse or sew them to towels which would have nine of them done very quickly.


I have four towels that are white with a red trim and I am going to use four of the figures without the words, etc., on those.  There will be some towels left and I ought to be able to do some simple appliques on those.  So we shall see if I get this project finished or not.   Anymore, I am slower than molasses in January but as long as I keep going, I am content!
(Click to enlarge - this is a different format now so sometimes it doesn't do it, but you can give it a try!)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very cute, I think you will get them done! :)