Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Little Bit of Christmas at My House

Slowly, slowly, a start on getting my house decorated for Christmas.  No longer the whirlwind I used to be in getting things done, it takes me so much longer to do things.  Sometimes I feel like I am doing something wrong but then I'm intelligent enough to know that actually I probably have done some things right and that I am so blessed to be able to do what I do at my age.   So, if I don't get all the decorating, shopping, etc., that goes along with this lovely season, it will still be lovely and a  very, very special Christmas this year.  The pretty poinsietta came home with me Sunday evening when I had dinner with Sherry and Barclay.  What says Christmas louder than a poinsietta?
This little white chamber pot full of Christmasy things sits on top of the piece that holds my tv.  My "arrangements" are always just kind of stuffed in a holder.  I think I have old newspapers crumpled up in the bottom of this one.  It looks okay, though.
And here is the wreath beside the front door.  I took the faded little old snowman off and replaced it with a perky new Santa Claus.  It looks pretty good.  May tackle my mantel and hang some of the wallhangings, etc.  Still don't know if I will bring up the tree that is already decorated or not.  Time will tell.  Again, Ho, Ho, Ho!

7 comments:

carol fun said...

It takes me longer each year to decorate and I put up less each time - oh well it is better than nothing. I like the updated wreath. I have 2 bedraggled ones on my front doors that need sprucing up. And I totally agree nothing says Christmas louder than a poinsetta - such pretty happy flowers. Have a great day!

Sue said...

Love your Christmas decorations and even if it takes a while to get it all up, it's so worth it in the end….even if not everything was put up! I am sure I didn't put everything up this year!

Merry Christmas!

Jewels said...

Carol I find some years I go all out and others I just do what I feel like - as you said, it will still be a nice Christmas regardless if I have decorations! J

Leslie said...

I got all of my decorating done and on the first night we had over half of our lights out on various things. Oh bother, so off to Menards we went for new lights and unwrapped all that was done just to rewrap them again. Talk about your decorating to decorate again. It does look so very pretty when it is done. If you get it all out, maybe your grand daughter will come over and help you put it away while she is home. Make her some homemade cookies and she will be putty in your hands. lol

Pokey said...

Hey, nothing wrong with being slow, take it from me! I think we should worry when we don't even try, right? Your Christmas cheer brings smiles, Miss Carol!
:-}pokey

LuAnn said...

I love your decorations, and the poinsettia is beautiful. I find with a lot of things...like Christmas....I have a 20 year old mindset but a middle aged body. So I just try to do what I can and enjoy it so I can definitely relate.

Karen said...

Looking good Carol!