Monday, January 16, 2012

Feeling Pretty Darned Good

Actually feeling better as far as being tired and short of breath.  I am able to do anything that my 50 feet of tubing will let me reach and that includes the basement, so I can do the laundry with no problem.  Doing laundry anymore is not a big task since there are only a couple of loads per week.

I can always look around on the internet - what fascinating stuff is out there - and I have been getting back to doing handwork again.  Luckily, like many quilters, I can always find things I love to do.  And, my heavens, there are plenty of unfinished projects to work on!!  I have about finished the turning of the triangles on my Mexican star from some months ago.  It will then be ready for quilts - and that would be no problem, either.

The picture I posted at the top is something I found that I really like.  I have also been working on putting together my granny afghan - but the part I am at now is pretty hard to keep at for a long time.  It's turning out very pretty and I will keep at it.  However, I found this zigzag granny that when it is done, it's done!  So, oh my,I started another one. 
I want to do it in the bright colors and this is how it's starting.  I may need some hot pink and maroon but it will be pretty random.  I don't intend to have the granny squares in the middle - just will work it all from one end.  So far, I like it.  I also have a Kaffe Fassett book that has knitting in it and I want to check that out for colors. 

One day at a sewing group, one of the girls had a copy of a new magazine -
It was so pretty - no ads and great pictures and patterns.  I took one of the little cards and ordered it.  It arrived in my mailbox the other day and I really like it.  It's all primitive, lots of wool and reminds me of my friend Leslie.  I love all sorts of styles of quilting and, if you love the primitive,  this is a great one.



One page of the index.

Two of the projects.  Pretty cute, don't you think? 

This afternoon I am to get a small portable tank that will get me to the grocery store and out for a little while.  Thank you so much for your sweet comments - I will keep you posted.  Right now, things are good. 

5 comments:

Janet said...

I'm so glad to have you post again so soon. That means you are doing better. I love the granny zig zag. Is it a pattern on line or in a book? I haven't seen that one. I have been in crochet mode this winter. I'm mostly doing potholders, but have been looking at ripple patterns. I have two tubs of yarn that have been fermenting in the back of the closet for a while. Take care, dear lady!

carol fun said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I'll bet you'll enjoy getting out of the house a bit with the portable oxygen. Love the afghan - those are such pretty colors. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know you are doing good. So glad to hear it!

Leslie said...

Wish Elle and I could see you tomorrow but we will be going to Detroit.... you know. lol Elle loves the new crochet and the colors you will do. I love that new magazine also. The wool projects are so creative. I am beading my newest wool quilt and will be working on a Valentine table runner. Elle is using Stephanie's little Janome and doing great with it. She is working on a little 1/2 square triangle quilt and is anxious to show it to you for your help with boarders. You two and your love for color.

Karen said...

Great to hear things are good. Love the zig zag granny and the magazine looks like a nice one too.