Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy 2012!  I wonder if it will fly by as quickly as 2011.  Most likely it will.  It was a very nice Christmas here. 
Here is Hannah back on a vacation from the Peace Corps holding her new nephew who (or whom?) she had never seen.  (I was fairly good in grammar but could never remember that or shall and will.)  Henry holds his stocking.

Missing were Molly and Doug from Portland, but we opened gifts with them as we skyped.  That just blows me away.   Bill and Ann, my son and his wife, came in Tuesday to see Hannah and we had three days.  So all in all a very nice Christmas considering the family is so scattered.

I have been dragging the last two days, but will get my steam up again.  Have to put away the things I got out and get the house back to some semblance of order.  There is no need to push myself.  Hope your Christmas was good and may 2012 be a healthy, happy year for you and yours.

6 comments:

Pokey said...

You are right, there isn't a deadline on getting stuff put away. I hope you are feeling better soon, my sweet friend. Best wishes for a happy, healthy new year!
hugs, pokey

Leslie said...

Remember there really is no need for you to rush the cleaning when you have other fun stuff to do. I have two wonderful quilt books to share with you soon. You will love them.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Not a deadline for us either! Have a restfull week and feel better soon!

HAPPY NEW YEAR Carol!

Hugs, Carolyn :)

carol fun said...

Happy 2012, Carol! Don't over do it - the stuff will still be there whenever you get around to putting it away. Unlike other members of this family, you and I know there are no pixies that are going to put it away for us, so we need to pace ourselves. That little guy in the elf suit is adorable!

Karen said...

Happy New Year Carol!!!!!

Linda said...

I like the idea of not rushing to pick up and put things away. The season goes by way too fast as it is.