Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Any Resemblance?

When I was looking through some of my files the other day, I came across this baby picture of me (on the bottom, of course!) and compared it to this darling picture of my little great grandson, Henry.  We certainly have the same chubby cheeks!  I think I was about the same age as he is in his picture.  Do you see any resemblance?  I am taken with the difference in clothing 83 years ago.  It is for certain that I am wearing a little wool outfit.  There was no plastic for diaper covers back then but I think there were "rubber pants".   It blows my mind to think of all the changes the world has gone through in the 83 years between the births of these little babies. 
 
Taken at Christmas, the four generations.

9 comments:

Bill said...

Yep, I can see it!

Leslie said...

oh yes, but look at the generation picture and how much you all look alike. I have a picture that is so sweet also of all 4 generations of girls, Elle, me, my mom and Grandma who is 94 at the time. To think 4 generations of girls. Made Chili for dinner, will be nice on a cold evening.

June said...

Two happy, healthy babies - and how wonderful to see the four generations together.
I do enjoy visiting your blog Carol, thanks for the inspiration.

Jewels said...

Lovw seeing you all together Carol. I can't imagine how much things have changed over time! Off to Canada to check up on my Mum this weekend. Take care. J

Janet said...

Two very very cute babies! I love the generation picture. You look great, Carol!!

Pokey said...

Oh, he is definitely yours, Carol! How sweet to see the generation picture, God is so good ~
:-}pokey

Sherry said...

So happy and proud to be one of the generations! Blessed to be the daughter, mom, and gramma!

Sherry said...

So happy and proud to be one of the generations! Blessed to be the daughter, mom, and gramma!

Karen said...

Yes, I can see it too! Two beautiful babies and an excellent photo of the generations.