Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Making Progress

The little quilttop is all pieced together now and the next step is the backing.  Yesterday afternoon I cut some 6 inch wide pieces in varying lengths and put them up on the wall in the basement.    From there,  I have sewn the pieces together to form rows and they are now lying on the bed in my sewing room.  In the picture there is one row that is just one piece.   I have a plan for that one. 

I found this cute alphabet on line and saved it in case I ever needed it.  I need it.  The little baby girl's name is Reese Tulip (her mommy's maiden name is Latulip) and what I am going to do is applique her name on the plain strip in the center of the back - REESE - followed by an appliqued tulip.  Each letter, of course, will be a different print and the tulip will consist of at least four different fabrics.  I think I will piece the binding, also.   Will post a picture of the backing when I have it in one piece.

Feel free to right click and save as on the alphabet if you think you might want to use the letters someplace.  They are actually pretty simple to applique, I think.

3 comments:

carol fun said...

This sounds wonderful - can't wait to see it. Love the idea of a tulip for the word - very clever!

Pokey said...

That will make a perfect back for your stars, and don't be surprised if the mommy calls this the front of the quilt. It will be pretty and reversible!
:-}pokey

Leslie said...

Fun, fun, fun and so sweet. She will love this quilt.