Monday, February 27, 2012

Ready to Quilt

The back for the little snowball star is all pieced, appliqued and the quilt sandwich made and pinned ready for quilting. 

I think it turned out nicely and I am really pleased with the front of the quilt.  Getting the rows all sewn together and the top pressed makes such a difference.  Now to decide on how to quilt it.  I am thinking I will probably won't try anything too complex.  It's such a simple, sweet little quilt that I think I will keep the quilting simple also. 

The other day when I did a post on some of my older books, I also took a picture of this one by Dolores A. Hinson.  I have two other ones that she wrote, too, which are some of the first books I ever purchased.  All of these books have been well used over the many years since I caught the quilting bug.  This one has many sunbonnet babies. 
Here is the pattern for one and the pattern pieces.
Back in the 80's, I used this pattern on a sweatshirt for myself.  My husband and I did lots of fishing so I always kind of thought of this one as Fisher Girl.  I have a soft spot for sunbonnet girls.  Later I will show you a quilt that I have put away that will one day be there for another great grandchild.

Speaking of great grandchildren, last night I went over for dinner with Sherry and Barclay.  After we had eaten, we had a Skype session with Norah, Chad and Henry. 
Henry was such fun!! It is almost as good as being there. What a wonderful after dinner show!! He is soooooo cute!

5 comments:

carol fun said...

Cute quilt and even cuter baby! All I do is say "awwww" - isn't technology wonderful? Take care-

Leslie said...

He is such a cute little man!!!

Jewels said...

what a sweetie pie Carol - lovely quilt...J

Bonny said...

Love Reese's quit - the colors are so very pretty!
I love how you match up your fabrics!!!

Nonnie Quilting Dreams said...

Hello Ladies!

Attached is a pdf file with information about an upcoming workshop with Karen Kay Buckley. She limits her classes to 25 students, but is willing to add another day if I can fill this workshop quickly. (She needs to know so she can book her flight from Pennsylvania). Please contact me by March 30th, 2012 if you are interested in attending.

My contact info is below to mail your check to:

Lisa Burmann,
3243 Bishop Rd., Dryden, MI 48428
810-358-7294
Email: burmannstudios@yahoo.com
Website: www.burmannstudios.com