Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Snowball Star

Love, love, love this quilt!  Found it while I was fooling around on Pinterest,  and I adore the way the prints work with each other.   The 20 and 30's reproduction fabrics are favorites of mine (along with about everything else in the way of fabric) and I have a lot of it in my stash.  This has been on my mind so the other day I cut a few pieces and started doing some sewing. 
Using 4 1/2" blocks, I added 2" squares on each corner, sewed on the diagonal and will trim and press and have a nice little snowball block. 

Like this little one above.

Here are a few of the plain blocks and the pieced ones.   I think I am going to make it baby quilt size and give it to a friend of Molly's who had a baby in December.  I was going to do the Dr. Seuss fabric but thinks this looks so sweet and little girly!! 

Have you seen the "Hey Girl" posts on Pinterest?  They are so cute.  Gorgeous guy  --but didn't know his name.  Found out that it's Ryan Gosling (Ithink that's right).  He most certainly is fetching!!   Certainly some clever captions out there. 

I see the pulmonologist tomorrow and will be anxious to hear what he has to say.  Still feeling good. 

6 comments:

carol fun said...

Love the quilt - that pattern has been calling my name too! Love those 30's prints.

The Ryan Gosling "hey girl" pieces make me laugh!

Jewels said...

Heh Carol- I think Ryan is one my "slurpie" guys (I make a slurping sound every time I see him, LOL)...good luck tomorrow my friend..p.s. why am I not surprised you loved that quilt :)

Leslie said...

Love the quilt and think it will be wonderful for a baby girl. Good luck tomorrow and I hope it is sunny not rainy as they predict. I put $ in for you for the door prize last night to see if you would still win even if you were absent. You didn't. lol

Karen said...

That is a fabulous quilt Carol, maybe I should make it too! Hope all goes well at the doctors, will be thinking of you.

Molly said...

Jenni will love it, it's super cute!

Pokey said...

I'm praying for you today, Carol.
Your little snowballs are sweet, you make me want to do them!
:-}pokey